Worldwide Work At Home
Work At Home Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Is Prepaid Legal Services Legit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Work At Home Forum -> Work At Home Business Opportunities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opengirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:11 pm    Subject: Is Prepaid Legal Services Legit? Reply with quote

I met this guy who wants to sign me up to be a sales person for Prepaid Legal. I'm not overwhelming keen on being in sales... I hate when friends or family try to sell me stuff, so I hate the idea of being the one selling, but it seems like a real service and a real product and the start up cost is relatively low so even though I hate the idea of being in sales, I am curious... anyone know anything?
mindybrooks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:42 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Judging from their website they seem to be legit, but just to be sure you should demand a meeting in person.
krugka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:03 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I actually participated in this business for a short time. It is a legitimate service which I also utilized for purposes of dealing with a utility company. The materials, including marketing, business cards and forms, are wonderful. The only reason I did not continue is because your potential sale list does consist of friends and family, which were not to receptive in my area. There is a local gal that has been involved in this business for quite some time and even attends local job fairs to recruit new sales people. So good luck with this venture if you choose to move forward.
residualcashman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:18 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Prepaid legal is a well established business. Yes you have to focus on the selling of a legal plan, like an insurance plan to earn the income, along with building your team.

Since we all buy and sell every day in overt and covert ways, not sure why people claim they don't like selling. What it appears to be is some people just can't take rejection. No one thing is for everyone so always expect to get no's. But there are those that will and do say yes to what you have as business and or product.

The biggest thing to understand about making money with PPL is that your income is set for advance pay for the year. Which means the checks you get are really the real money you are earning until a person on the monthly plan pays for 12 months.

You also do have monthly renews, but annual renews, so you would need to spend a year in the business and making sales every month to build monthly residual from renewals that would go into effect each month of the following year. Not that such is a bad thing. PPL is simple more like an insurance company with out the license requirements.

So it's a good company to go with if it is something that interest you but the charge backs from those that canceled have had many decided to pursue other interest (or add to what they were doing with PPL) that were more viable for establishing and generating monthly residual income.
dougadam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:33 am    Subject: Reply with quote

The Pre-Paid Legal scam began with a product somewhat like buying insurance for health, auto or home. Although most people hope they never have to file a claim, the risk of a disaster keeps them making monthly or yearly payments, even if they never collect on the money they have spent. Prepaid Legal Services insure people against possible attorney fees and legal service fees with a monthly fee of about $30 about $1.25 per day.

Sounds like a good deal

Maybe, until folks tried to use the services and discovered that their particular situation was not covered (in fine print at the bottom of the page), and that the lawyers would not defend their clients if the case came to court.

blessings...
Douglas Adams Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Work At Home Forum -> Work At Home Business Opportunities All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: