Worldwide Work At Home
Work At Home Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Can You Succeed Financially Online with Blogging?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracy35

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:27 am    Subject: Can You Succeed Financially Online with Blogging? Reply with quote

Hi..it's Dottie

I hear and read a lot about how people can bring a lot of money to their business sites online due to blogging. Besides going on various people's blogs and making posts, plus admitting one's blog to the search engines, how else can you help your search engine results?
timothywcrane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:42 pm    Subject: Money from blogs. Reply with quote

There is three parts to making money from a blog, and most people leave one of them out.

1) website content
2) traffic
3) a way to capitalize on that traffic

The first one is where people spend the most of their time, and they think they are working on #2. Content is very important. It has even been called king, but the reality is that for most sites, a site side SEO campaign is one of the slowest and ineffective ways of driving traffic.

The second one is the one that very few people even get around to actually mastering. Driving traffic has very little to do with your own website. I like to put it to people this way. Visitors will not find your website through your own website. They are always somewhere else on the Internet before they come to you, even if it is from Google. Everytime you SEO to end up on a Google keyword, you are actually just trying to show up on one page of the Internet, and people will only find that page if they put in the term you have SEOed for.

Most Google optimization will be done by Google, just add content, and if you stay on topic, you will be found on Google where you are supposed to be.

Most of your SEO work will be done from other sites on the Internet. The good thing about this for Google SEO, is that by picking quality sites that Google already finds popular, and adding backlinks to your content, people will see your links as soon as you place them, and Google will also see your site as more important for it. Staying away from your own content at times can be the best thing that you can do for SEO.

Where else are you contributing content? If you pick high Google PR pages, high in the search results for your SEO keywords, that handle ample traffic, you will probably show more results in traffic driving than if you SEOed your own site 1000 times.

This is also a realization that all of the people getting into social networking are beginning to realize. The whole social networking scene is growing below Google's radar because of this fact. Social media personal profiles are linking people to content on a pace fast approaching Google's initial growth, and in some cases, such as Myspace and Facebook, may even surpass it.

Back link SEO is so important, that I can SEO a page with absolutely no written content on it whatsoever with it, and monetize on it with an audio ad. Can you think of another way a person could drive traffic to an empty page and make money on it? Don't worry, my pages are not blank, I wouldn't do that to anyone, but try doing that with traditional site side SEO. Google would never see it, and neither would your prospects.

As for monetizing your site, you have several options. You can use Adsense, affiliate programs, or even off your own products or services over the Internet.

I personally think that if you are looking for a big payout, and are willing to put in tons of work, you can build up a list of website members and offer affiliate products to them through a mailing list. This is what most marketers are doing, in addition to affiliate ads on the site itself.

The only drawback to this is that you not only have to get people to your site, but you also need them to sign up for your newsletter, and click on your affiliate link, and buy the product. This is traditional sales, using the Internet. It is not rocket science, but could be made even easier. How?

I have found that if you ad 5 second audio ads top your website, you can use all of your space for content, and keep your blog from looking like another web store. Plus with audio ads, you can make money off of visitors even if they do not click a thing, let alone where you want. This mekes it easier on both the visitor and you. Neither has to go out of their way to make sure you get paid. Just think what NOT having three more clicks for your customer to make after they come to your site would increase your conversion rate.

There are several ways to make money off of your blog, and the choice is up to you. Each one has their own shining features as well as pitfalls. You should see what best fits the type of effort you want to put inot it for the return you wxpect. There is no "build it and they will come", but there is now a "get them to come, and get paid".

Best of luck,
Tim
tidbits

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:28 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the informative post.

Hmmm, I never thought of audio ads.
familymoses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:57 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

tidbits wrote:
Thanks for the informative post.

Hmmm, I never thought of audio ads.

Think long and hard before you add them and if you do add them make sure the visitor has the option of turning them on and off.

Why?

If I have my speakers off, I hear nothing and your ad is a waste of everything.

If I have my speakers on, I am already listening to an online radio station or my own cd and the LAST thing I want is your infernal ad talking over the top of it. Nothing will make me leave your site faster.

Wink

Some people seem to do very well from the Pay-Per-Post type of blogging, but you need your blog on your own host (rather than blogspot) and to get the best offers your blog needs a good PR and a good Alexa rank.
WorkAtHomeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:30 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you also get Google slapped on PR if you do pay per post blogging.

I also agree I will leave a site if it automatically loads audio.

Work At Home Jobs
Work At Home Job Leads
HL08

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:25 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Summer. I will leave a site if it loads audio. I find it annoying and feel like a sales person is trying to sell me something. I wouldn't use it.
cherie27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:43 am    Subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tim.

I started blogging because i want to get targeted traffic for my website.
casia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:27 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all great info. I just started to blogging and stll learn how to get more visitors
rayskd2000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:43 pm    Subject: Re: Can You Succeed Financially Online with Blogging? Reply with quote

tracy35 wrote:
Hi..it's Dottie

I hear and read a lot about how people can bring a lot of money to their business sites online due to blogging. Besides going on various people's blogs and making posts, plus admitting one's blog to the search engines, how else can you help your search engine results?

Niche Topic + Niche Topic + Genuine GREAT COntent + Keyword Research+ Ad Placement = Successful Blogging. Wink
Paid To Shop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:09 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Learn Google Analytics inside and out.
From watching visits on four seperate website lately I am seeing that the average person stays between 2.5 and 10 seconds
If you want to make money you will need to keep them on longer and that will be by content (content and eye catching colors,arraingments etc)
rayskd2000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Paid To Shop wrote:
Learn Google Analytics inside and out.
From watching visits on four seperate website lately I am seeing that the average person stays between 2.5 and 10 seconds
If you want to make money you will need to keep them on longer and that will be by content (content and eye catching colors,arraingments etc)

Yes. I agree with you. Smile
WorkAtHomeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:04 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Paid To Shop wrote:

How old are your websites?

Work At Home Jobs
Work At Home Job Leads
crazymomma21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:14 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

Wink This is great, thanks for the information!! I have considered blogging in the past, but never really knew where to even begin Very Happy
Vega

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:18 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I tend to hear 'Content is King' a lot especially on sites about blogging. The problem is that unless you've written or created something viral, you're not going to get traffic if you don't invest time into SEO and SEM and other sources. In most situations here is how someone discovers your site. They search for certain keywords and your site pops up at the top because you spent time on SEO using those keywords. They click on your site. It's at that point that content is king and if you either don't deliver on the keywords or have nothing interesting, they will bounce and never come back. If the content is great and they learn something, they might bookmark your site, they might subscribe to read more when you publish. While they're reading your content, they might be intrigued to buy something that your content is talking about. This is where you would have a shop page or a link to that product that they can buy.
ishuvonet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 am    Subject: Reply with quote

There are many bloggers who are making thousands of money per month only from blogging.It is really possible if you can put some hard work and you have to learn lots of stuffs in your niche by reading others blog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Work At Home Forum -> Web 2.0 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: