Worldwide Work At Home
Work At Home Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Blogs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrishoward

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:28 am    Subject: Blogs Reply with quote

i never figure out how can one make money via blogs...please enlighten me on this areae
Paid To Shop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:57 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

This forum is a great resource.
Just read,read,read.
Once you are comfortable with some of the information jump in and ask specific questions.
The people on this forum are very helpful
topstring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:07 am    Subject: Blogs Reply with quote

New to all of this.
What do blogs do and are they beneficial
cherie27

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:15 am    Subject: Reply with quote

A blog is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. "Blog" can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

It can be something like an online diary or as a platform to interact with your users/strangers by providing them useful content.

Apart from this, you are able to earn money from the blog by adding Google adsense to your blog.
cocofine

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:10 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

To me blogging with Adsense is a good chance to make money from home.
earndollarsfast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:17 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Cherie27 has the right information on the subject of blogging. What's missing is the step by step procedure of doing it. I'd like to ask her/him to post it here so that many of us will benefit from it. Thanks in advance to cherie27!
moneymaker1008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:08 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I think what's actually just as successful or more successful in many cases, is affiliate marketing. Of course it depends on your niche, but I don't even use Adsense. And with affiliates, you can actually choose what things you want to advertise. On my blog, I only advertise programs that I have used and found to be legit myself. I also can use affiliate links for programs that I was already planning on blogging about!
At least for the ones I work for, the rates are much higher than Adsense and more people tend to click on them because they don't look as spammy.

-Danielle

Over 80 Ideas for Free Website Promotion: http://www.squidoo.com/freewebpromotion
GT Bulmer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 am    Subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

A "blog" is a "Web Log." In other words, as cherie27 has mentioned, it is an online diary of whatever type of information you would like to regularly share with prospective readers.

You can "blog" about any topic you wish. Typically, a blog is the personal comments, opinions, experiences of the blog owner.

People use blogs either as simple platforms to share their info and ideas. Or they use them as marketing tools to inform prospective customers about their products, services and programs.

You can set up a FREE blog at either http://www.Blogger.com or at http://wordpress.com. Complete instuctions can be found at either of these two popular sites.

If you want more insight about the benefits of Blogger and WordPress, you are welcome to read my blog post, Blogger vs. WordPress: Which is Best?

You can make money with your blog by promoting and selling products and services via your blog posts. You can make money by posting Google Adsense ads. Once you become experienced with blogging, you may learn other ways to use your blog to make money online.

I recommend you visit and read several blogs belonging to other forum members to get an idea of what blogs are used for.

GT Smile
WorkAtHomeSpace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:12 am    Subject: Reply with quote

I just want to add you can't monetize or promote any ads on your blog if you use Wordpress.com, but you can monetize and promote affiliate links if you use Wordpress.org. You also need a domain name and hosting for it.

Work At Home Jobs
Work At Home Job Leads
GT Bulmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:56 am    Subject: Reply with quote

WorkAtHomeSpace wrote:
I just want to add you can't monetize or promote any ads on your blog if you use Wordpress.com, but you can monetize and promote affiliate links if you use Wordpress.org. You also need a domain name and hosting for it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I use Blogger, so I don't have that WordPress experience or insight. I host my Blogger blog on my own website so I have the freedom to post anything I want: ads, affiliate links and banners, etc.

Someday, I plan to start a WordPress blog because many of my marketing friends say there are some great advantages with the WordPress platform.

GT Smile
hiointernat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:54 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

moneymaker1008 wrote:
I think what's actually just as successful or more successful in many cases, is affiliate marketing. Of course it depends on your niche, but I don't even use Adsense. And with affiliates, you can actually choose what things you want to advertise. On my blog, I only advertise programs that I have used and found to be legit myself. I also can use affiliate links for programs that I was already planning on blogging about!
At least for the ones I work for, the rates are much higher than Adsense and more people tend to click on them because they don't look as spammy.

-Danielle

Have you tried Adsense before?

I'm wondering if I should experiment with both affiliate links and text ads, because I was thinking that each blog has it's better setup, as in the traffic will respond better to one method or the other.

I do like that affiliate links look less like advertisements though.
moneymaker1008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:45 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

I actually haven't tried adsense yet. But I would definitely suggest that you try both and see what works for you.

-Danielle

Over 80 Ideas for Free Website Promotion: http://www.squidoo.com/freewebpromotion
Jean LA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 am    Subject: Re: Blogs Reply with quote

chrishoward wrote:
i never figure out how can one make money via blogs...please enlighten me on this areae

You can place affiliate banners on your pages. Place adsense and other contextual ads.
Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:10 pm    Subject: Reply with quote

GT Bulmer wrote:
WorkAtHomeSpace wrote:

Thanks for pointing this out. I use Blogger, so I don't have that WordPress experience or insight. I host my Blogger blog on my own website so I have the freedom to post anything I want: ads, affiliate links and banners, etc.

Someday, I plan to start a WordPress blog because many of my marketing friends say there are some great advantages with the WordPress platform.

GT Smile

Wordpress has some great features. It is easy to use and can look really professional I highly recommend it.
Jean LA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:38 am    Subject: Re: Blogs Reply with quote

chrishoward wrote:

There are sites that pays you to post their banners on your blog. You can also make money by placing your affiliate links in it and also through Google adsense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Work At Home Forum -> Web 2.0 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: